Thursday, August 24, 2006

you get what you give

It's hard to admit but it's true.

I've been quite impatient with my students lately.
Actually, I've been quite impatient with myself as well.

I feel unsure of myself and I feel incompetent.
I worry too much about dealing with my students
that in the end I don't get to deal with them effectively.

Sabi nga ni T. Joy, iniisip mo kasi na ganun...
When I told her, I felt my students think
"Kaya nila ako."

It's so tricky to be firm and strict and to be kind at the same time,
to be authoritative instead of authoritarian, to listen to their complaints
but not to let them manipulate you.

I'm learning, Lord. I'm learning.
I have to stop taking myself too seriously and straighten out my paradigm.
These are kids I'm talking about - lovable kids that could be very hyper buy nonetheless, all seek to be loved. There's more to their misbehavior than just not following the teacher...the art of being interesting talaga.

"Lord, Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change,"
the COURAGE, to change the things I can,
and the wisdom to know the difference."

I shouldn't wallow in self inadequacy that my students would begin to immitate that.
I shouldn't be driven by my emotions in getting mad at the class.
I should be consistent, firm but kind and clear in explaining everything.

I'm hopeful.
Thank you Lord.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home