Monday, August 14, 2006

the Assumption

..gold and white and blue. To your teachings keep us ever true...
Fidelity to duty, love of simplicity...May your spirit be engraven
in our hearts 'til we reach heaven...."

Hehe I realized I've spent more than half my life in Assumption.
Since kinder until high school I studied in that school, there on the hills of Antipolo.
I love that place. It's so full of trees and wide open spaces where we used to run around and play.

My whole reflection on this started when I was trying to recall how I spent my grade school days. How did my teachers behave? What were the things we used to do? What did I look forward to? I remember how I was very carefree when I was younger. I didn't feel any pressure from school. I was excited to listen to the teachers who would ask questions that made us think more. I was happy running around the slopes of grass and trees in campus. I miss seeing the sights everyday on the way to school. I marvelled at the view of Manila, the long fenced place we passed by that was like a country house with a huge field of trees and plants. I enjoyed afternoon rain showers and the simple things we had then.

Then, I started humming the song we had for our graduation that was composed by some of my batchmates. I actually love it.
It goes like this:
"What shall we hold on to when everything is changing?
When we no longer have each other by our side?
When things we lean on begin to crumble..."
Learn to stand your ground.
Staand proud.
Search your heart you will find what is true.
Feel no fear, no more doubts.
We shall walk together in the darkness.
Heads held high, eyes fixed on Christ..."

Now I miss my high school friends.
I stumbled upon one of my high friend's blog. It's been soo long since I last saw her.
I was just thinking of how our world used to be so simple and carefree when we were in the comforts of high school - despite the trials and the pressures then, on hindsight, it was a breeze.

After that, I realized...tomorrow is the Feast of the Assumption of Mary.
It's valuable to go back to one's roots.
Kamusta na kaya ang AA?
Kamusta na kaya ang batchmates ko?
Sana makita ko kahit ang HS barkada ko soon.

It's good to catch up on life with old friends.

It's Nanay's birthday also tom. =) Hope she's happy in heaven.

I'm off. I have to focus and task analyze...what are the things I need to do? I have to prioritize.
Transcendence is the key.
"Work as if everything depended on God. Pray as if everything depended on you."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home