Sunday, August 13, 2006

Papa =)

I was eating breakfast today with my dad and little sister, when I remembered something the night before. I dreamt of my dad. I dreamt he became a teacher - a language teacher/ coordinator with my Language teacher Mrs. Antonio in my grade school. How weird was that? I felt awkward about it at the start (and I was sure that we were going to be on a tight budget because of his new job) but that was it. I felt awkward but I accepted it.

I realized (my subconscious or to make it less analytical/psychological...)my spirit really communicates with me through my dreams. Seeing my dad become a teacher makes me see myself more as a teacher. You see, two people have told me already that I was talking like a military person in class - Mrs. A and Therese, one time when I was becoming strict. It's when I don't accomodate questions anymore and I become authoritarian. It's not something ideal. As a teacher, one has to be authoritative but at the same time understanding and accepting.

I remember before, my dad used to get mad at me because I asked too much questions. I was the only one among us who was very stubborn. =p I always wanted to know why I had to do the things he asked from me before I do it. [On hindsight, I realized my students are like that to me now...=p] He told me that, for soldiers it should be "obey first, before questions." He did have a point - because in an encounter, all soldiers have to listen to what their commander is saying because it's a life and death situation already and it's important to act first and obey- except that I'm no soldier and I'm such an independent thinker at times. I've learned so much from my dad and I think he also discovers things with our relationship. He has given me a chance to decide for myself and to be responsible for my actions. I'm not a sweetie mushy daughter but I can say I'm my dad's daughter.

I think it's my theme for today. The reflection from Kerygma about today's gospel was about being your Father's daughter/son. Anak ka talaga ng tatay mo like what Filipinos sometimes say either to joke around or tease. =p But this time, the point is about being in our Father's image and likeness...being in the image and likeness of God, of Christ.

My dad, I think, was trying to be funny on the way home from the Church today. My little sister, Sandy was sitting in front with my dad when my dad started talking with a weird accent. I couldn't figure out what he was doing but Sandy just kept on laughing and laughing. He was talking with his teeth closed. I didn't really find it funny but I was amused just watching my sister and my dad. Sometimes my dad could be overly serious but I catch him trying to be funny or saying sweet lines out of the blue like last Saturday night I went home late. I bought food for myself already and my dad asked me why I wasn't eating the food at home. Sabi ko..meron pa ba? And he said: syempre, ikaw pa. Just like that. =) My dad is changing before my eyes - or rather how I see him is changing. With that, I believe my self perception is also changing. I believe I'm transcending. Anak talaga ako ng tatay ko and I'm proud of that. I'm proud I'm the daughter of Papa. It gives me strength knowing God is my father and I can follow in His image and likeness.

[Ang sarap ng restful Sunday =) I should give time for myself din, I realized. It's good to slow down once in a while...like every weekend?]

=) Thank you for the restful Sunday, the cool internet sites about LD and teaching stuff, my paradigm shift; eating three times today + one merienda! yay!

Goal by the end of October: gain back the 10 pounds I lost; learn to prioritize; live a healthy lifestyle by eating and drinking more water; relearn taichi; plan every Saturday morning and Wednesday night. yeahba! kaya 'to! =)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home