Sunday, July 09, 2006

some reflections on poverty and rejection

For some reason, this past week really has a theme.

It started with our PS topic on Poverty last Friday.
We talked about material poverty and poverty of the Spirit.

Saturday, magulo sa area. Stress. Namumulat ako sa totoong
kahirapan..hindi lang sa kakulangan ng pagkain, ngunit sa kakulangan
ng angkop na respeto sa bawat isa. Nakikita mo mga batang sampung taon
o mas maliit pa nagmumura, nanghahampas. Iniisip mo, saan kaya nila ito
napupulot. Nagwala si Ruth Anne. Nakakatakot. May nagpapakita daw sa
kanyang mama na may kutsilyo. She needs help. Everyone there does.
However, there's this conflict, knowing at present, we can only do so much.

Sunday - homily was about rejection. I've been thinking of how I may have
"rejected" people, even family members by not being more understanding.
I liked what the priest said about rejection being normal. Everyone even once
in their life has been rejected. What is important is to listen to what God is telling you.

Basta, hindi ko alam kung paano ko na-connect sa poverty. I think it's because poverty
ca be associated with rejection. Tricky tricky. I'll just write again as soon as my mind clears up.

I really need to pray.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home