Saturday, April 22, 2006

so many insights from so many people

Grabe. It's overwhelming how I get to meet lots of
insightful and interesting people in just a span of a few days.
I feel blessed that I find myself attempting to capture all these
precious insights that I do not want to forget.

InSightS
1) From M. Luz of DepEd during his speech at the College of Social Sciences and Philosopy (CSSP)of the University of the Philipines April 2006

a. There is a need for the Philippines to find a universal language - and definitely it should not just be Tagalog. To quote from him, Cebuano is the most used dialect in the Philippines. He gave Malaysia as a model for the integration of dialects. In Malaysia, they use Bahasa but with integration of their other dialects. I realized how this is very true. Only Metro Manila and the surrounding provinces use Tagalog. Even in Northern Luzon, there are other dialects. Most people in Mindanao use Cebuano I think. I honestly feel envious of how some people are good in speaking Bisaya. I want to learn myself. M Luz, says how English then becomes the unifying factor among the provinces because of the differences in the dialect, which is quite sad. Instead of doing that, why not adapt words from dialects to be part of our universal language?

b. Even before proposing this, M Luz mentioned how Charter Change is NOT JUST the solution to the problem. TO change the form is not to solve a deeper underlying problem.

c. Importance of primary education. Did you know that we are the only country that requires only 10 years of education before going to college (6 yrs in grade school and 4 yrs. in high school for public schools) compared to 14 years in private schools.

d. The eight rays of the sun in the Philippine flag is so not Nationalistic! The 8 rays only stands for 8 TAGALOG provinces who fought against the Spaniards. Mindanao was never conquered. No Visayan province is included in the 8 rays. How sad is that?!

2. From RD: Do not expect others to be like you because they're not...but sometimes it's hard not to have those expectations especially if you're an older sister or brother. You would want the best for them but it does not mean that the best for them is what you want them to be or experience.

3. It is true: what you learn with pleasure you will never forget. [I will expound later on since I'm rushing already. I need to rest]

4. It's not about your ability. It's about how hard you work for something

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home