Saturday, February 18, 2006

Thoughts and sharings from 3rd Sunday Reco

I gain a lot of insights and stories from our sharing in our 3rd sunday recollection Family. =)
I've decided to write about these things so that I won't forget and so that other people may be moved from these stories.

Hm, I honestly don't know where to start.
First was Evie (eevee) who affirmed the group and shared how this has given her strength.
I feel the same way. I gain more insights from hearing people from different walks of life struggling with their faith as well.

Then I shared one story I heard yesterday about a mother who had a son.
She kept on singing "I love you forever. I like you for always. As long as I'm living my baby you'll be" even if she also had a hard time taking care of her son. It shows God's love for us. At the end of the day, despite all my sins and shortcomings, He reassures me that He still loves me and it gives me peace.

One of the "experienced ones," Resurrecion, shared about how God talks to us in different ways (which I have to agree, it's important to respect people's differences.) It was interesting how she said she had to experience paralysis literally for her to come to terms with God. Hehe she was just like St. Ignatius. Before, she joined a leftist group. She had to be imprisoned twice and she even got shot by an M-14 right through her leg. While recuperating in Makati Med, she was praying to God. She said how sometimes as an NGO, there's a tendency to be 'arrogant' in a sense, to just think that you're in the right place, something like that. But in the end, she realized how wel all need God. After that, she joined a different NGO. She's into a feminist movement right now.

I liked what Barbs shared about "survival" based from the movie Saving Private Ryan which she asked her high school boys to watch in class. They said how it was 'unfair' that the Corporal was the one who 'survived' when in fact he didn't do anything to help compared to the snipper who tried his best and he died fighting. Cher Barbs asked the boys if they thought it was 'survival.' Survival is not just about going through something without any problem or injuries. Survival is encountering mistakes but giving it your all, living out what you're passionate for. Hmmm..

Then one of the guys said how it's fortunate for Resurrecion that what happened to her was explicit. Sometimes it's harder to actually go beyond the 'paralysis' usually caused by fear because we have to make choices. Having people to share with and hearing people share their own struggles serve as vitamins to another's spiritual life.

There were still a handful who shared but right now I know I have to prioritze and do things for school. One last thing, I liked our conversations after the mass when we had lunch. I learned more about kids from Kuya Cid whose a father of a gifted child ;) Coolness. I think it would really be fulfilling to be a mother. I know with everything I'm doing right now, I'm learning a lot. Kids are just so lovable even if sometimes they can be annoying. They are very honest. I've learned a lot from them.

I'll try to write more once I get a breather. I'm actually really packed with work. Tsk. Not been doing much yet. Hehe nanood pa ako ng "a lot like love" last night. Good luck! =p it seems that people have been asking me about my love life. ;) ang kulit. wala nga. wala. steady lang. hehe I'm not yet ready and maybe he's not as well, whoever he is, that is. =) Naglolokohan pa mga older teachers if they were ceasarian or not when they gave birth. haha If you were ceasarian, according to them, it means late ka na nag-asawa. oh diba? haha =p basta. keep posted. I'm admittedly a latebloomer ;p but I think I'm not destined for single blessedness. Naisip ko, if you spent a lot of time with your husband when you were very young, you're more likely to get sick of each other and think of the "what ifs". so, sulitin na natin ang ating singlehood =p do what you've always dreamed of. discover yourself. grow. =p

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home